|Civil Engineer in Biotechnology|
|Graduate in Engineering Sciences|
|Semi-annual, daytime, semi-flexible curriculum|
|Sr. Christian Vergara Ojeda
Phone: 45 - 2325478
*Access to this Program via Civil Engineering Common Plan
A Civil Engineer in Biotechnology, trained at the Universidad de La Frontera, is a professional with the skills to work in the fields of processes, projects and management of production systems, which are used in biotechnology.
He is trained in basic sciences, engineering sciences, and especially in biological sciences and biotechnology tools, the formulation, evaluation and development of projects and management and administration of human and material resources. This allows him to design biotechnological products or processes, formulate, direct, evaluate and control biotechnological projects, control, operate, and direct productive plants, and to identify problems and implement solutions related to industrial activities.
He has the capacity to communicate in a globalized world and to put together and lead work teams. He is socially responsible, innovative, committed, critical with the results of his decisions and respects the rules that govern the society in which he operates.
His basic and applied training allows him to work in industries that use cellular processes for the production of products required by the market, to work independently as a consultant or advisor, to undertake business initiatives and to continue studies in the different areas of engineering and/or biotechnology, in order to contribute to the economic and social development of the country.
A Civil Engineer in Biotechnology, graduated from the Universidad de La Frontera, is qualified to work:
• In all types of labor markets related to the use of biological systems, living organisms and their derivatives or components for the production of required products;
• the productive industrial sector, particularly in process industries whose production systems involve the use of living organisms and their derivatives or components;
• engineering consultancy firms in the area of his specialty;
• senior management activities in the public and private sector;
• self-employed, as an entrepreneur, consultant or advisor in his field.