|Civil Telematics Engineer|
|Graduate in Engineering Sciences|
|Semi-annual, daytime, semi-flexible curriculum|
Dr. Ramiro Donoso F.
*Access to this Program via Civil Engineering Common Plan
A Civil Telematics Engineer, trained at the Universidad de La Frontera, is a professional with the skills to work in the fields of telecommunication and computer science, management and projects. His training allows him to integrate resources, create, innovate, project, implement and maintain the operation of efficient systems for the community and industry in different areas of application in telematics engineering.
He is trained in basic sciences, engineering sciences, and especially in the fields of communication systems and data networks, software development for generic platforms, information technologies and business process management, which provide analytical, methodological and technical capabilities.
He has the capacity to communicate in a globalized world and to put together and lead work teams. He is socially responsible, innovative, committed, critical with the results of his decisions and respects the rules that govern the society in which he operates.
His basic and applied training allows him to work in productive and service companies in the public or private sector, to work independently as a consultant or advisor, to undertake business initiatives and to continue studies in order to contribute to the economic and social development and of the country.
A Civil Telematics Engineer can work:
• in telecommunication companies, system integration and internet services;
• regional, national or foreign productive companies or service institutions of the private or public sector;
• consultancy and service companies;
• self-employed, as an independent entrepreneur in the field of design and implementation of data networks, services, internet, software development, integration of digital communication systems, as a consultant and service provider, or as a contractor;
• in telecommunication service and equipment representing companies, data transmission and other digital communication systems.